Friday 12 June 2015

Cause I'm Happy!!!


I loved it today. . .   there is something about being on the treadmill and feeling like "is this over yet?" and  then a fitness coach comes in saying, "Hello Ladies!"   None of us said "hello coach!"  But she knew, she totally knew that it was energising for us to have that little bit of recognition. She was right.

That is why I drive 30 minutes to get to this place,  and it is worth it for me. . .  that and the Far Infrared Sauna.

What can I tell you about Susy the personal trainer who talked to us today.  She talks to us like we are all her sisters, her cousins, like we are all a close family. She expresses respect for us wherever we are at in our fitness journey.

I am sure plenty of women who go there would think "What do I need that for?" and they would be right. Maybe those are the ones who come to stay fit. They don't grow out of their dress sizes easily.  Most of us however are there to maintain or lose weight. Most of us don't have a clutch of friends to chat with when the weight loss pressure starts to hit.  Doing it alone, or doing it at all,  takes courage, and some kinds of courage need real, validating, friendly support.

Perhaps you think courage should stand on its own?  What about the young man who goes to war and hopes some young lady will be waiting for him when he gets back?  Consider as well the woman who decided she is going to have a natural birth before the real pain starts.  We all lean on someone in one way or another to make life work. Courage in community is what  I see at this Contours gym.

Remember too, no one is paying me do write this.  I do it because I want to be a real part of this courageous community.

So when Susy came back, she noticed I was not doing my floor exercises quite right. She walked right up to me, out of concern for my well being, and showed me what I was doing wrong, and how to do it right.  When I felt the difference it was making, I got so happy!  Suddenly my effort didn't feel like a gamble. It felt like a purpose surely was going to be fulfilled.

Thanks Susy!  YOU made my day.

As for Far Infrared today?  I went in with sharp pain in my upper spine and I left pain free.




No comments:

Post a Comment