Friday 19 June 2015

It was Much Overdue and Yet. . .



I had gone nearly a year without the infrared sauna.

The reasons are several, but the bottom line reason is that the treatments I did last year helped me for that long. I went the whole winter last year without any spinal pain where the arthritis is.  That was just a little confusing, but welcome.  Weather conditions didn't matter.  Lifting reasonable weights didn't send me to the cabinet for Nurofen. Pain didn't come back again until this winter, and I knew exactly where I needed to go: the sauna.

I purchase the sessions 10 at a time, for a slight discount, and I go once a week to keep it going longer although I think that 2 - 3 times a week is better, a lot better.  I just don't have the cash flow right now for more than what I am doing. It's okay.  Today is cold and raining and I feel fine.  There is a little irritation but not a lot, and that is unusual for me in this climate.  Usually, (before infrared) when the barometric pressure fell the pain increased. Even when there isn't all that pain, I can tell you if the weather man is right or not just from the pressure I feel in my bones.

The contours system, keeps track of my sessions with my little membership card, and I think I have 6 more to go before I have to make another purchase.

Also I have started swimming again.  It has been two years since that, and I am so happy!

One way I know things are going well is when I feel that uncontrollable need to stretch, like a feline.  Muscles are calling out to me that they are alive and want to get on with the business of being strong and limber.   Infrared does that for me faster than anything else, even the swim.

Can't wait for my next session.




No comments:

Post a Comment